A golden learning opportunity at a world-class university
Western Michigan University's Seminar is a two week long summer music camp designed to serve as an enjoyable, pre-college experience for serious musicians in grades 9 through 12. It is organized to promote artistic, social, recreational, and cultural interaction among the participating young artists. It simultaneously serves as a vital experience for the students as well as a valid artistic representation of the School of Music at Western Michigan University. Seminar 2017 is July 9–22.
Develop your gift.
- A transformative experience
- 2:1 student/faculty ratio with world-class instructors
- Personal attention & individualized training
- Build confidence and leadership skills
- Grow as a soloist and a collaborative chamber musician
- Create lasting friendships with others who share your passion
During camp, students participate in the following:
- Private lessons
- Performance class
- Musicanship class
- Elective class
"As WMU almuni, and professionals in the music industry for over 20 years, we are so proud of the quality of instructors and caliber of experiences the students have access to through this program. This is a must do for youth currently studying music." Jennifer Rupp, Executive Director of the Brass Band of Battle Creek and Christien Rupp, Director of Curriculum and Instructional Technology at Eaton Rapids Public Schools