Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) is to provide leadership to develop, integrate, and improve regional- and program-level accreditation, strategic planning, and integrated program review and planning, while monitoring institutional compliance with federal regulations.
To be recognized for providing outstanding human, financial and intellectual resources that support integrative planning and evidence-based decision-making, and ensure high standards of accountability necessary to maximize institutional effectiveness in a premier university.
The core values reflect those of a learner-centered, discovery-driven, globally-engaged university. Specifically, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness holds itself to the values of:
- Collaboration: IE partners with various units to ensure institutional effectiveness of WMU's programs and services.
- Innovation: IE researches and suggests new policies and processes that ensure institutional effectiveness of WMU's programs and services.
- Respect for all persons: IE models unbiased consideration and thoughtfulness for all persons.
- Inclusiveness: IE supports participation/contribution of any interested University personnel on policy committees, data resource teams, tactical action communities, and project action teams.
- Transparency: IE openly communicates its policies, practices, project status, and recommendations to the WMU community and its regional and specialized program accreditors through presentations, dissemination, and its web site.
- Proactivity: IE routinely scans the higher education and accreditation environments to introduce best practices to the WMU community, and to actively prepare for future changes in agency/state/federal policies and practices.
- Holism: IE considers the "big picture" and embraces the view that the entire infrastructure--whether programmatic or University-wide--must be considered as a whole, instead of concentrating on its individual components.
- Integrity: IE adheres to and models the highest professional standards of institutional effectiveness.