Admitted student checklist
Learn more about WMU
- Send $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit (preferably before May 1). This fee confirms your enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition. Visit our Admission Confirmation Deposit instruction website for more information.
Pay for college
Sign up for orientation
- New student orientation registration begins in February for students enrolling fall semester.
Register for housing
- On-campus housing registration begins in February for students enrolling fall semester.
Prepare for your first year
- Avoid “senioritis”—we review senior grades for all admitted students. Remember to keep up the good work!
- Log in to GoWMU for the first time and create a password.
- Jump start your college planning with the Plan It 4-Ward worksheet. Use this to start filling in your academic plan, career plan, financial plan and engagement plan. There is also a website listed in each box for you to explore as you make your notes. Bring this with you to orientation when you work with your academic advisors.
- Access GoWMU and check your WMU email regularly—official University communications are sent to this account.
- Plan to get involved in student clubs and organizations on campus.
- Transfer your dual enrollment, AP or IB credits.
- Request your final high school transcript to be sent from your high school to the WMU Admissions Office. Transcripts must be received 10 days before the beginning of the fall semester to avoid delays in financial aid disbursement and course registration.
Attend Fall Welcome
- All WMU freshmen attend Fall Welcome and move into their residence halls early.