Polls in Michigan are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. every Election Day
Are you eligible to vote?
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- At least 18 years old by Election Day.
- A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote. College students are eligible to vote at their college address.
Deadline for registering to vote
- The deadline to register or change the address at which you are registered is 30 days before the election.
- You may register to vote at age 17, provided you will be 18 on or before Election Day.
Find out if you’re registered to vote and where
Register to vote in Michigan
- New registrations and changes in registration must be postmarked at least 30 days before the election.
- You may obtain an application to register at county, city or township clerk’s offices; Secretary of State offices; or at voter registration drives. You may also download the application and follow the instructions for mailing or personally delivering it to your clerk's office.
Request a Michigan absentee ballot
- Get information on eligibility, read instructions and find a printable absentee ballot request online.
- Requests to have an absentee voter ballot mailed to you must be received by your clerk no later than 2 p.m. the Saturday before the election.
- Unless you registered to vote in person at your clerk’s office, you cannot vote absentee by mail in your first election in Michigan.