Residence halls and WMU apartments laundry facilities (with the exception of Western Heights and Western View) are now equipped with WaveRider which allows for VISA or Mastercard credit and debit card payments, in addition to coin operation, on each individual machine. Each machine with WaveRider also has WaveVision which allows customers to:
- Check machines availability before making a trip to the laundry room.
- Verify how much time is left on a cycle.
- Receive a text message when their laundry cycle is done.
Alerts will be sent to the service technician in the event of an error condition.
How to operate WaveRider laundry machines
- Load your laundry and soap
- Select your desired cycle
- Swipe your VISA or Mastercard credit or debit card, allow time for authorization
- Press start
Please take note:
Your credit and debit card will be pre-authorized for $8 which is good for three hours or up to $8 of laundry (which ever comes first). After three hours, you will be charge the exact amount you spent as soon as your card issuing bank finalizes the transaction, usually within 24-72 hours.
If you are using a prepaid debit card, please ensure you have $8 of available balance on your card before using.
How to operate WaveVision
Wavevision is the application that allows you to monitor your laundry facility. When signing up, use zip code 49008.
Service requests for credit card transactions, incorrect billing, multiple charges or coin transactions can be made by:
- Calling 1 (800) 342-5932.
- Submitting a service request washlaundry.com/residents/refund-request
Report a service request
By visiting washlaundry.com/residents/service-request
WASH service request app available for mobile devices
The Fixlaundry is available for the following devices:
- Laundry pods go into the washer with your clothing. Do Not put laundry pods in the soap dispensers.
- High Efficiency detergent (HE) is preferred for all washers on campus look for the logo below on products.