Residence halls and WMU apartments laundry facilities (with the exception of Western Heights and Western View) are now equipped with WaveRider which allows for VISA or Mastercard credit and debit card payments, in addition to coin operation, on each individual machine. Each machine with WaveRider also has WaveVision which allows customers to:
- Check machines availability before making a trip to the laundry room.
- Verify how much time is left on a cycle.
- Receive a text message when their laundry cycle is done.
Alerts will be sent to the service technician in the event of an error condition.
How to operate WaveRider laundry machines
- Load your laundry and soap
- Select your desired cycle
- Swipe your VISA or Mastercard credit or debit card, allow time for authorization
- Press start
Please take note:
Your credit and debit card will be pre-authorized for $8 which is good for three hours or up to $8 of laundry (which ever comes first). After three hours, you will be charge the exact amount you spent as soon as your card issuing bank finalizes the transaction, usually within 24-72 hours.
If you are using a prepaid debit card, please ensure you have $8 of available balance on your card before using.
How to operate WaveVision
Wavevision is the application that allows you to monitor your laundry facility. When signing up, use zip code 49008.
Service requests for credit card transactions, incorrect billing, multiple charges or coin transactions can be made by:
- Calling 1 (800) 342-5932.
- Submitting a service request washlaundry.com/residents/refund-request
Report a service request
By visiting washlaundry.com/residents/service-request
WASH service request app available for mobile devices
The Fixlaundry is available for the following devices:
- Laundry pods go into the washer with your clothing. Do Not put laundry pods in the soap dispensers.
- High Efficiency detergent (HE) is preferred for all washers on campus look for the logo below on products.
LaundryBUCKs have been retired as of July 1, 2017
Western Michigan University has retired the LaundryBUCKs system as of July 1, 2017 and replaced it with the above WaveRider system.
- Balance refunds will be transferred from the LaundryBUCKs account to the university's student account.
- Refund amounts transferred to the student account will first be applied to any outstanding debt owed to the University.
- Any remaining dollars from the refund will be reimbursed via direct deposit into the student's bank account set up with the University. If a direct deposit has not been set up for the student account, a check will be mailed to the permanent address if student is not currently enrolled. If student is enrolled for the current semester then the check will go to their mailing address
Please note: Balance can not be transferred over to Dining Dollars.