The adult clinic at Western Michigan University serves adults who have neurological diagnoses such as:
- Cerebral vascular accidents and traumatic brain injuries
- Orthopedic conditions such as knee and hip replacements
- Fractures and other chronic orthopedic conditions
- Cognitive impairments such as dementia.
- Psychological conditions such as depression, adult developmental delay and autism
The focus of the adult clinic is to provide skilled evaluation and intervention from a holistic perspective to assist clients in achieving their highest level of safety, occupational performance, and well-being. Through an extensive evaluation process, the adult clinic helps to determine the client’s potential for rehabilitation and independent living.
Intervention is designed to improve independent living skills, motor skills, and cognitive skills through 1:1 sessions that target the individual client’s need.