Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment at the Southwest Michigan Children's Trauma Assessment Center at Western Michigan University.
CTAC is currently accepting applications for a Clinical Trauma Interventionist. The job description and instructions to apply are below.
The clinical trauma interventionist serves as clinical staff on a trans-disciplinary team (including social work, occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, nursing and medicine) in order to provide comprehensive trauma assessments for children ages 0-17.
- Participate in CTAC clinical assessments
- Work with clinical staff and CTAC interns in order to complete trauma assessment reports, including reviewing, editing and providing feedback
- Submit final assessment reports in a timely manner
- Assist with training and supervision of student interns in the assessment and report writing process
- Complete interviews with biological parents, foster parents, and child welfare professionals when needed
- Assist with other special projects and duties as assigned
- Experience working with youth and families from diverse backgrounds
- Basic understanding of youth development and trauma in children
- Excellent writing skills (will be asked for a writing sample during the interview process)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Must be able to work successfully on a team as well as independently
- Display cultural/social sensitivity skills
A successful candidate will have a master’s degree in social work or related field. Previous experience working with children preferred. Appropriate licensure or certification, or progress towards appropriate licensure or certification also required.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.