Teaching, Learning and Educational Studies
B.S. Elementary Education (K-8)
"WMU was extremely current in the strategies and all of the professors had been teachers and truly taught me how to be a teacher"
The Elementary Education Program provides for:
- The opportunity to be part of a program cohort where support
and guidance are made available.
- Ample opportunity to work with children in our public schools,
- A part-time pre-internship where university students work with
mentor teachers two full days a week.
- A full time internship that is the culminating teaching
experience for each elementary program candidate.
- The development of an electronic portfolio to represent
professional expertise and experience.
- Michigan K-8 Teacher Certification