The BroncoBikes project has been on hold since spring 2017. While in operation, BroncoBikes was the Office for Sustainability's low cost, campus-wide bicycle rental program. It served as a convenient and inexpensive way to ride to and from classes and get around Kalamazoo. With a BroncoBike, there was no reason to pay for gas, pay for car repairs, or wait around in traffic. The Breezer Uptown 8 BroncoBike was available in both step-through and step-over styles and featured durable construction, kinetically powered front and rear lights, fenders, and a super-smooth internal 8-speed hub. For just $75 per semester one could make their commute to class or work more enjoyable and stress free.
- Bike rental was $75 per semester (fall, spring, summer).
Price was pro-rated during the semester.
- Rental bike was the Breezer Uptown 8. This bike had been awarded Bicycling Magazine's Editors' Choice for Best Commuter Bike for an unprecedented four years in a row.
- All bikes came with a Kryptonite U-Lock for secure storage.
- A free helmet came with a rental and was required for riding a BroncoBike. Thank you to Borgess Emergency and Trauma Services for their generous support.
- All renters were be given a proper bicycle safety orientation and signed a liability waiver.