Currently Eldridge/Fox the Engineering House, serves as the engineering and applied sciences living learning community for CEAS students. Engineering House hosts special CEAS related programming for students including the cardboard canoe, CEAS Family Feud, how to get an internship, video games and using a trebuchet. CEAS RSO groups also host a meet and greet at Engineering House in the fall.
STEP also provides and maintains a computer lab that contains the same computers and image as those in the Computer Aided Engineering Center in Floyd Hall. Students are able to use engineering related software and access work folders from their instructors as if they were at CEAS. The largest STEP Student Success Center is also located in the Engineering House. The STEP program manager meets bi-weekly with the Engineering House director and the assistant director of Residence Life to discuss programming and related issues.
- A Student Success Center offering tutoring in math, chemistry, physics and engineering is open 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. five days a week and it is right in the building.
- Computer lab with engineering-specific software available in the hall for Engineering House residents only.
- Past activities include a grill out with engineering faculty, building spaghetti bridges, life-sized cardboard canoes, how to get an internship workshop, video games and using a trebuchet.
- Opportunities to network with engineering faculty and alumni.
- Two Learning Community assistants who are students of the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- For students who are a part of the Lee Honors College, there is an Engineering–Honors option. Students who choose the honors option will have a roommate or suite mates who are also in the Honors College.
New dining center opening fall 2016.
Suites consist of two rooms that share a connecting bathroom. A total of four people live in a suite.
- Two beds and mattresses—bunkable, loftable, kit in room
- Two desks
- Two chairs
- Two three-drawer dressers
- One recycling bin
- Trash can, upon request
About the bathroom
- One shower and toilet, partitioned off for privacy
- Counter with two sinks
- Two medicine cabinets with mirrors
- Four towel bars
- One to two trash cans
Students who need to sign up for housing – Sign up online any time. Log into GoWMU, and under the My Self Service section on the left choose the link "Residence Life Housing." The system will walk you through meal plan and housing options. One of the options will be Learning Communities, so select Engineering House as your choice. You will get a housing assignment email within three weeks of Residence Life getting your application.
Students who already have a housing assignment – If you want to switch to the Engineering House, you can do so by requesting the change on the housing summer waitlist. As space opens up, you will automatically be moved to the Engineering House and receive a new housing assignment email. To enter the waitlist, log into GoWMU. Under the My Self Service section on the left choose the link "Residence Life Housing." Do not use the Change Room option. Engineering spaces will not show as available on that system. The list will close July 31.
Students who recently signed up – If you don’t have your housing assignment yet, you can email RLfirstname.lastname@example.org and change your housing request to the Engineering House. Residence Life will update the system prior to doing your assignment. You should get a housing assignment email within three weeks.