There will be no colloquium on Friday Sept 21 to encourage students to attend the Big Data Conference in Grand Rapids, .
Statistics tutor lab
Free tutoring is available for STAT 1600, 2160, 2600, 3640 and 3660 in 2261 Rood Hall.
In fall term, tutor lab hours (starting September 4) are:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Check out the WMU Statistics Facebook page. Students, friends and alumni can connect, post job announcements or share items of general interest. Colloquium announcements will also be posted here.
- Best master's degrees? According to Forbes.com survey, they are Biostatistics (#1) and Statistics (#2).
- "Employment of statisticians is projected to grow 34 percent from 2014 to 2024," according to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Statistician and Data Scientist made the Top 10 Best Jobs in CareerCast.com's annual list. Major factors considered were good work environment, low stress and good jobs outlook.
With a career in statistics—the science of learning from data—you can make a difference, have fun and make money.
- Aug. 29: Classes begin
- Sept. 3: Labor Day recess
- Sept. 6: Last day to drop/add classes
- Oct. 15: Midterm grades due
- Oct. 17-19: Fall break
- Oct. 29: Last day to withdraw from classes
- Nov. 21: Thanksgiving break
- Dec. 10-13: Final Exam Week
- Dec. 15: Commencement
- Jan 7: Classes begin
- Jan. 21: MLK Day
- March 1: Spirit Day
- March 4-8: Spring break
- April 22-25: Final Exam Week
- April 27: Commencement