Newly admitted students in the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University need to see an advisor before starting a program so that all their questions can be answered and a customized program plan developed.
Undergraduate non-profit minor
Undergraduate students appointments are handled through School of Public Affairs and Administration at (269) 387-8930
- Dr. Vickie Edwards (not available between June 20 and June 29)
Monday and Friday, 1 to 5 p.m. - by appointment only
Master of Public Administration
Lansing appointments are handled through Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, room 803. Call (517) 913-5587 to make an appointment.
- Dr. Robert Peters (Available by email only between June 6 and July 22)
Wednesday, noon to 5:30 p.m. – by appointment only
Kalamazoo appointments are handled through the School of Public Affairs and Administration at (269) 387-8930.
- Dr. Matthew Mingus – Advising via email only during Summer sessions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Gene McKay (from June 18 through July 18)
Monday, 1 to 4:30 p.m. – by appointment only
Wednesday, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – by appointment only
- Dr. Udaya Wagle (not available between June 14 and July 23)
Tuesday, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.– by appointment only
Thursday, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. - by appointment only
If you foresee the need for a leave of absence, to extend your time to complete the degree, or to discuss strategies for success, please see an advisor. Graduate coursework coupled with a full-time job can be difficult.
Doctor of Philosophy
Doctoral students should contact Dr. Matthew Mingus.