Newly admitted students in the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University need to see an advisor before starting a program.
Undergraduate Non profit minor
Undergraduate students should contact Barbara Liggett.
Master of Public Administration
Lansing appointments are handled through the Lansing Community College University Center at (517) 483-9728.
- Dr. Robert Peters: Monday and Wednesday from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. by appointment only
- Dr. Matthew Mingus Mondays in Lansing from 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
Kalamazoo appointments are handled through the School of Public Affairs and Administration at (269) 387-8930.
- Dr. Barbara Liggett: June 15, June 29, July 20, July 27 from 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. (Last appointment at 3:30) by appointment only
- Dr. Matthew Mingus: Thursdays from 2 to 5 p.m. by appointment only
- Dr. Udaya Wagle: Wednesday from 10 a.m to Noon and 1 to 4 p.m. by appointment only
If you foresee the need for a leave of absence, to extend your time to complete the degree, or to discuss strategies for success, please see an advisor. Graduate coursework coupled with a full-time job can be difficult.
Doctor of Philosophy
Doctoral students should contact Dr. Matthew Mingus.