Newly admitted students in the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University need to see an advisor before starting a program.
Undergraduate Non profit minor
Undergraduate students should contact the School of Public Affairs and Administration.
Master of Public Administration
Lansing appointments are handled through the Lansing Community College University Center at (517) 483-9728.
- Dr. Robert Peters: Monday and Wednesday from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. by appointment only
- Dr. Matthew Mingus Mondays in Lansing from 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
Kalamazoo appointments are handled through the School of Public Affairs and Administration at (269) 387-8930.
- Dr. Barbara Liggett: June 15, June 29, July 20, July 27 from 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. (last appointment at 3:15) by appointment only
- Dr. Matthew Mingus: Thursdays from 2 to 5 p.m. by appointment only
- Dr. Udaya Wagle: Wednesday from 10 a.m to Noon and 1 to 4 p.m. (last appointment at 3:15) by appointment only
If you foresee the need for a leave of absence, to extend your time to complete the degree, or to discuss strategies for success, please see an advisor. Graduate coursework coupled with a full-time job can be difficult.
Doctor of Philosophy
Doctoral students should contact Dr. Matthew Mingus.