Newly admitted students in the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University need to see an advisor before starting a program.
Undergraduate Non profit minor
Undergraduate students should contact Janice Maatman.
Master of Public Administration
Battle Creek appointments are handled through the Kendall Center at (269) 965-5380.
- Dr. Robert Peters: Tuesdays from 4 to 5:45 p.m. by appointment only
- Dr. Matthew Mingus: Mondays form 3 to 5:30 p.m. by appointment only
Lansing appointments are handled through the Lansing Community College University Center at (517) 483-9728.
- Dr. Robert Peters: Thursdays from 4 to 6 p.m. by appointment only
Kalamazoo appointments are handled through the School of Public Affairs and Administration at (269) 387-8930.
- Dr. Barbara Liggett: Wednesdays from 10 a.m to 2 p.m by appointment only
- Dr. Matthew Mingus: Thursdays from 2 to 5 p.m. by appointment only
- Dr. Udaya Wagle: Tuesdays from 10 a.m to Noon and 2 to 5 p.m. by appointment only
If you foresee the need for a leave of absence, to extend your time to complete the degree, or to discuss strategies for success, please see an advisor. Graduate coursework coupled with a full-time job can be difficult.
Doctor of Philosophy
Doctoral students should contact Dr. Matthew Mingus.