The School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University offers a Bachelor of Science in public and nonprofit administration, minor in public administration, minor in nonprofit administration, and minors in nonprofit leadership.
The mission of the undergraduate programs in public and nonprofit administration in the School of Public Affairs and Administration is to improve the quality of public service by developing a workforce equipped with knowledge and skills for service in the public and nonprofit sectors. Our graduates will be able to effectively, efficiently and equitably support public and nonprofit management in culturally diverse organizations locally, nationally and globally. To that end, student will acquire knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the historical, political, and economic environments of public and nonprofit organizations;
- Contribute to managerial functions (e.g., finance, human resources and program development);
- Support data-based decision making, and;
- Engage professionally in speaking, writing and a variety of other modalities.
- Public and nonprofit administration (effective fall 2019, pending final approval)
- Nonprofit administration (effective fall 2019, pending final approval)
- Nonprofit leadership (declared prior to fall 2015)
- Nonprofit leadership (declared in fall 2015 and prior to fall 2019)
- Nonprofit leadership with certificate (declared in fall 2015 and prior to fall 2019)
- Public administration (effective fall 2019, pending final approval)