The Department of Sociology at Western Michigan University offers internship opportunities which help prepare students for graduate school or careers in sociology and criminal justice.
All students must arrange an individual interview with Dr. Zoann Snyder, Criminal Justice Program Director. The interview must be arranged directly with Snyder via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and will take about 20 minutes. For Spring 2019 internships the interview will be held the weeks of September 4 and September 10. The start of fall semester is very busy so you should schedule that interview ASAP.
- Students must bring a copy of their resume to their interview.
- At the conclusion of the interview, students will be given access to an actual application and information about the required supporting documentation. The deadline to submit your application is October 5, 2018.
- You will also be required to attend a one hour workshop which will address resume and cover letter writing and practice interviews. This workshop must be attended prior to you completing the application. Workshops for Spring 2019 internships will be held on September 25 and 26, 2018. Dr. Snyder will give you more information on how to get registered for one of these workshops during your interview.
Spring 2019 Deadlines: (See application process above.)
1. Weeks of September 4 and 10, 2018 - Interview with Dr. Snyder. (Schedule ASAP)
2. Required workshops will be held for Spring internships on September 25 and 26, 2018.
3. Completed applications are due to Dr. Snyder by October 5, 2018.