WMU has an online graduate application system that allows all students (domestic and international) to submit required information into one system. General application information for the University, as well as specific requirements for individual programs, are captured into this system.
Applicants are asked to include some program-specific information. Please review the summary for the Master of Social Work program requirements. Applicants are encouraged to bookmark this information for quick reference while working through the graduate application process.
In conformance with the requirements of the Council on Social Work Education, the School of Social Work can not grant social work course credit or field hours for life experience or previous work experience.
- Advanced Standing Program - January 15
- Full-Time and Extended Study Programs - March 15
M.S.W. programs offered
- Kalamazoo full-time advanced-standing 39 credit hour program (nine months)
- Kalamazoo full-time 60 credit hour program (20 months)
- Kalamazoo extended-study 60 credit hour program (30-32 months)
- Grand Rapids part-time advanced-standing 39 credit hour program (24 months)
- Grand Rapids extended-study 60 credit hour program (30 to 32 months)
- Benton Harbor extended-study 60 credit hour program (30 to 32 months)
The Grand Rapids campus does not have a full-time, 20-month program. Full-time and extended-study applications will be considered for one program only; applicants who are denied admission to one program may not reapply for another program within that consideration period. Advanced-standing applicants, however, may indicate a "second choice" program on the application should they be denied admission to the advanced-standing program. Advanced-standing applicants must indicate their concentration choice: interpersonal practice or policy, planning and administration.
All questions concerning Kalamazoo campus programs can be directed to (269) 387-3200 or email@example.com.
All questions concerning Grand Rapids campus programs can be directed to (616) 771-9480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All questions concerning Southwest (Benton Harbor) campus program can be directed to (269) 934-1500 or email@example.com.