faculty and professional staff
- Generates opportunities for research and provides opportunities for publishing, using the growing experiential education pedagogy.
- Supports professional development by engaging faculty and students in creative and innovative practice.
- May promote tenure and enhanced funding for service-learning designated courses.
- Engages faculty as both teacher and learner.
- Increases potential for stronger faculty-student relationships.
- Increases engaged student participation in class, and increases students’ ability to internalize course material through application of objectives.
- Cultivates the next generation of talent within southwest Michigan’s region, and continues to grow Western Michigan University as a relevant research-one institution.
- Builds human capital by expanding and strengthening student experience.
- Enhances the reputation of the University as an engaged campus, committed to regional support, student growth, and economic development.
- Builds a reputation for our students as innovative, engaged learners from a full spectrum of disciplines.
- Meets the University’s mission to provide high-quality education, including a strong focus on experiential education.
- Provides opportunities for strong partnerships with stakeholders throughout the region.
- Prepares high-quality graduates who are better prepared to enter the workforce, which serves to entice potential students, both domestic and abroad.
- Engages the community in mutually supportive endeavors.