Find Your Research officer
Research officer area assignments as of May 2017.
WMU faculty receive prestigious national science foundation career award
Two junior faculty members at WMU have received the NSF CAREER Award. The two scholars are Dr. Fahad Saeed, assistant professor of computer science, and Dr. Wendy Scott Beane, assistant professor of biological sciences. Congratulations on this distinguished and prestigious honor.
Share the story: scholar talks 2017
Experience some of the amazing work being done at WMU by our outstanding scholars.
Discovery Experts Database is a tool designed to enhance your reach and reputation as a discovery expert. A scheduled update to the system will go online January 4 and will provide a powerful, user-friendly, intuitive interface with easier options for uploading new data. Contact your research officer if you have questions or need assistance updating your profile, or access the user guide.
Elsevier PURE Workshop
Thursday, May 18 - Waldo Library, Classroom A (Room1070) 9:45-11:30 a.m.
- Workshop will offer hands-on demonstration of Elsevier PURE
- Learn how to retrieve information from the system and how to update individual researcher profile
Featured monthly are new funding opportunities relevant for WMU faculty and staff
- May April
- May: OVPR will be offering a NSF CAREER workshop again this year on Friday, May 19, 2017 from 9 am – noon in Walwood Hall Graduate College Commons
The CAREER award is a prestigious award aimed at helping a junior faculty member develop activities that can effectively integrate research and education within the context of his/her organization. The current CAREER solicitation deadlines are July 19-21, 2017 and vary by discipline.
The workshop will include:
- an overview of the CAREER program, eligibility and proposal requirements;
- perspectives from NSF CAREER recipients and review panelists; and
- how to make a compelling case on intellectual merits and broader impacts.
To register for the workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are a few openings remaining.
Congratulations to WMU faculty and staff
External award activity
July 1, 2016 through April 30, 2017
- Submissions: 347
- Awards: 216
July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016
- Submissions: 385
- Awards: 250
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- Submissions: 355
- Awards: 231