Policies, Requirements, and Other Information Related to WMU Programs and Activities Involving Minors
- Policy on Western Michigan University Programs and Activities Involving Minors
- Minors on campus background check requirements
- President's Message: Reporting illegal and unethical activities
- Reporting Information and EthicsPoint Hotline
- Trustees affirm campus policies on reporting wrongdoing
- WMU Board of Trustees Policy on Duty to Report Criminal Acts
- WMU Department of Public Safety
State of Michigan Department of Human Services: Websites with information on reporting child abuse:
- Child Protective Services
- Mandated Reporter's Resource Guide
- Report of Actual or Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect
- Reporting Abuse and Neglect—If you suspect abuse or neglect, call (855) 444-3911 any time day or night. This toll-free phone number allows you to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult to the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Information and tools to assist WMU units developing and operating programs/activities involving minors:
Sample forms that have been approved by legal counsel may be obtained by sending an email to the Office of PreCollege Programming.
Supplied by the Michigan Universities Self Insurance Corporation.