The mission of the Fraternity and Sorority Life office at Western Michigan University
To cultivate a fraternity and sorority community of excellence with a particular focus on the areas of academic achievement, leadership development, community engagement, and lifelong membership.
By developing these skills, we hope to empower our students to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and standards associated with membership in a fraternal organization, while complementing and enhancing the educational mission of our institution.
Fraternity and Sorority Life Goals
- To challenge our organizations and students to live by their organization’s purpose.
- To support our organizations and students in all endeavors consistent with the values of fraternal membership.
- To set clear expectations regarding leadership within the community.
- To engage in open and honest dialogue between the collegiate chapters, Inter/National organizations, local alumni, parents, and our host institution.
- To educate organizations and students on state, university, and organizational policies and procedures.
- To empower our organizations and students to reach their full potential, by providing them with opportunities for academic achievement, leadership development, and community engagement.
how to join
For how to join a fraternity or sorority, please visit our recruitment page.