This grant is for the support of a student-based project; the research outcome must "provide an educational experience for the WMU and Kalamazoo community" Because of limited resources, it is recommended that this project be restricted to the local community or University collection. The project outcome must be held in the Richmond Center for Visual Arts.
Examples of project ideas:
- An exhibition of creative research in the RCVA
- A presentation/lecture of research in the RCVA
- A student curated show (writing and research)
A faculty sponsor must be willing to mentor the awarded student for the duration of the project.
- First Friday in November
- One award annually
- Student must be a currently enrolled undergraduate art major
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prepare a statement of the nature of your project, a statement of tangible outcomes, a budget and five studio images and/or video files or a writing sample for art history majors
- Recommendation form is required in SlideRoom from the faculty member that is supporting your application. This faculty member must indicate that they are willing to mentor you for the duration of this project
- Applications are submitted online through SlideRoom