The online undergraduate certificate in Dance Studio Management is designed to provide current and prospective dance studio owners with knowledge and skills related to dance studio ownership and management.
Course offerings explore:
- Business philosophies of managing a successful dance studio including entrepreneurship, business plans and marketing.
- Principles of wellness concepts addressing the specific needs of dancers regarding nutrition, fitness principles, eating disorders and first aid.
- Client and employee relations with attention to contracts, hiring/firing and compensation.
- Recital preparation and production including copy-write issues, costume ordering and inventory, financing the recital for profitability and production.
- Training principals of specificity, overload, recovery, adaptation and reversibility as they apply specifically for dancers studying seriously.
- Theories of curriculum development for ages 3 to adult in a private dance studio, including scope and sequence, lesson plans and assessments.