The Department of Economics at Western Michigan University does not have a study abroad trip for 2018. Please revisit our site for a possible 2019 study abroad trip.
Uruguay and Argentina, South America
Trip dates: May 2-24, 2016
Led by: Dr. Susan Pozo
This study abroad fulfills:
- Credit for Econ 3890: Latin American Economies
- General Education Area IV and upper division Economics for Business Major
- May 2: Travel to Montevideo
- May 3–10: Class sessions at Universidad de Montevideo, excursions in the city, meetings with economic experts
- May 11–13: Travel to Tacuarembo. Stay at Panagea estancia. We work with Juan and observe how the gaucho economy interacts with the world economy .
- May 14-16: Class sessions, partido de futbol, typical meals.
- May 17-19: Travel to Punta del Diablo (beach town), Chuy (border town with Brazil), and Santa Teresa National Park.
- May 20: Montevideo
- May 21-23: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- May 24: Back in the USA