For Michigan & Non-Michigan Residents
Value: $8,000 annually (renewable up to a total of four years)
Eligible applicants must:
- Have at least two years of participation in one of the following programs: TRiO Programs: Education Opportunity Center, GEAR UP, Talent Search, or Upward Bound
- Have participated in a Migrant Education Program
- Must have a 3.2 high school grade point average and be admitted to the University by the deadline
- Must complete the scholarship application in its entirety as well as:
- Write an essay (500 words max.)
- Submit a letter from one of the above TRiO Program Directors OR Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from a Migrant Education Program
If awarded, student must:
- Be enrolled full-time
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average and satisfactory academic progress
- Participate in the Martin Luther King Jr Academy
Application deadline: January 19, 2018
Application deadline has been extended to February 15, 2018.
- To be eligible, you must apply and be admitted by WMU Office of Admissions by the scholarship deadline. It is strongly recommended that you apply to WMU by December 15 to ensure to allow application processing time prior to the deadline.
Award participants will be notified on February 15, 2018. Due to the extended application deadline, recipients will be notified beginning in March.