We are sorry to learn that you have decided not to attend WMU. We keep applications on file for two years, so if you decide to return to WMU within that time frame you will only need to update your application materials and no application fee will be required. The admission confirmation deposit for the fall semester is refundable for cancellations received before May 1.
Please follow the steps below to cancel your WMU admission, residence hall, and orientation session, if applicable.
- If you will not be attending WMU and wish to cancel your admission please complete and submit the form below.
- Students wishing to cancel their housing contracts must submit a cancellation request. To do so, log into GoWMU and choose the "Residence Life Housing" link under the My Self Service section on the left. Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive an email reply regarding your contract status. A cancellation fee may apply depending on when you cancel your contract and whether or not you are still attending Western Michigan University.
- If you are canceling after June 1 for the fall semester, please consult your residence hall contract for information on any penalties that may apply. For more information, see Canceling a Contract.
- If you registered for an orientation session, please call (269) 387-2167 or email email@example.com to cancel. For more information, see the Office of Student Transitions cancellation policy.
- If you have already registered for the semester, please log-in to your GoWMU account in order to drop the classes.
Please note the information below if you wish to cancel your financial aid, if applicable.
- You can cancel or reduce federal loans that have not disbursed to your WMU account. You may also cancel or reduce your federal loans after they have disbursed. However, the Student Financial Aid Adjustment form (located behind the GoWMU portal) must be received within 30 days of the date of disbursement. Canceling or reducing a disbursed loan may result in a balance due on your WMU account.
- If you cancel admission prior to cancelling your aid, you may still be able to do so by sending an e-mail requesting cancellation, with your WIN number included, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To cancel your admission, complete all information below and submit the form.
The WMU family wishes you all the best in your academic pursuits.