The Department of English:
- Is one of the largest academic departments at Western Michigan University.
- Has 35 board appointed faculty and employs up to 100 part-time faculty and graduate teaching assistants in any given semester.
- Provides a vast variety of courses in English studies.
- Has nationally and internationally recognized and highly research-active faculty and outstanding graduate teaching assistants.
- Provides more general education and service courses to students campus-wide than any other instructional unit.
- Includes recipients of the University’s Making a Difference Award and the Dean’s Staff and Faculty Appreciation Awards.