Undergraduate Advising

The College of Arts and Sciences advising office at Western Michigan University facilitates student success by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education.

Registration for spring 2019 opens Monday, October 1.

Advising hours

Advising appointments

Appointments are available Monday through Friday for Arts and Sciences majors. Click below to schedule an appointment for General Education advising. If you need to see an advisor ASAP, please call our office to see if we have any "same day" appointments available. Same day appointment slots are filled first-come, first-served so call as early as possible for the best chance to be seen by an advisor.

General advising

Major-specific advising

Biological Sciences Major

Chemistry Major

Communication major

Other Majors

Need further assistance?

Email an advisor

What kind of appointment do I need?

  • If you are a pre-health student (any major planning to attend dental, medical, pharmacy, physician assistant, physical therapy or veterinary school, but NOT nursing): choose "pre-health advising".
  • If you are a pre-law student (any major planning to attend law school): choose "pre-law advising".
  • If this is your FIRST semester at WMU and you have taken college classes AFTER graduating high school: choose "NEW Transfer to WMU" (choose pre-health or pre-law transfer option if applicable).
  • If you are an athlete needing NCAA verification and advising: choose "General Education Advising" and answer YES when asked if you're an athlete.
  • If you are in ROTC and need your 104-R form completed: choose "General Education Advising" and answer YES when asked about ROTC.
  • If you have completed at least 88 credits: choose "Graduation Application".
  • If you are on probation and need to meet with an advisor: choose "Probation Advising".
  • If you have not applied or been accepted to WMU: choose "Prospective Student (not yet admitted)".
  • If you were dismissed from WMU and want to return: call the office to set up an appointment after reading the Readmission process information.
  • If you have a bachelor's degree and need approval for a second bachelor's degree: choose "Second Bachelor's Degree Approval".
  • If you are considering withdrawing from one or more courses: choose "General Education Advising" and answer YES when asked about withdrawal.

General office hours

Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

2318 Friedmann Hall
(269) 387-4366

GPS location

Using GPS to locate our office? Use the address below for the most accurate directions to Friedmann Hall:

1113 Van De Giessen Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49008 USA


Transfer students

WMU course registration