The peer academic success coaching program at Western Michigan University helps students perform to the best of their abilities. The goal is to help you attain the highest standards of academic excellence. Through the coaching process, you will work collaboratively with your coach to develop a plan of action to optimize academic performance and achieve your goals. You will learn strategies and techniques and receive support to take the steps necessary to enhance your learning experience at WMU.
Research shows that the most successful students use personal support services such as coaching. The most successful students realize early that asking for and taking advantage of help is a mark of intelligence and not an indicator of weakness.
You will receive:
- Two hours each week of small group and one-on-one sessions with your coach to build study habits and receive individualized content tutoring.
- Assistance in developing short-term, mid-range and long-term goals.
- Help to remain accountable for progress toward the achievement of those goals.
- Assistance with specific academic issues.
- Assistance with connections to additional University and departmental resources.
Who should apply?
Coaching is available to any first-year Arts and Sciences major interested in:
- Enhancing their academic skills.
- Making the most of their learning opportunities.