The following are courses for both the Master of Arts and the Graduate Certificate in Educational and Instructional Technology in the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology at Western Michigan University.
5-year plan - has been removed and is under review and possible changes made. Please contact your advisor with questions.
Unless otherwise noted, all courses are three credit hours.
Major technology core courses
- EDT 5410: Foundations of Instructional Technology
- EDT 6420: Instructional Design
- EDLD 6650: Principles and Practices of Adult Learning
- EDT 6440: Instructional Technology Tools and Development
Minor technology core elective courses
- EDT 6430: Fundamentals of Online Learning
- EDT 6450: Technical and Operational Issues
- EDT 6490: Instructional Technology Leadership
- EDLD 6020: Educational Leadership, Systems and Change
- OCL 6430: Group Dynamics and Team Development in an Age of Globalization
- OCL 6440: Large Scale Change and Organization Design
- EDT 5030: Special Topics for Instructional Technology Applications
- EDT 6410: Instructional Technology for Educational Leaders
- EDT 6460: Special Issues in Instructional Technology
- EDT 6480: Professional Development in Technology
Educational research courses
- EMR 5400: Fundamentals of Evaluation, Measurement and Research
- EDLD 6300: Data-Informed Decision-Making, Research and Evaluation