| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University has launched a national search for a newly created position at the University—vice president for marketing and strategic communication.
A 14-member search committee has been formed and is being led by Dr. Edward Martini, associate dean of Extended University Programs. The group met for the first time March 2 for a retreat and to hear its charge from WMU President Edward Montgomery.
The new position will lead the Office of University Relations and work collaboratively with all University entities to fully integrate and advance institutional marketing, branding and communication efforts, both internally and externally
Two campus input sessions have been scheduled by the search committee. They both will take place on Thursday, March 15—from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and from 3:30 to 5 p.m.—in 204 Bernhard Center. Input can also be made online. Additional details about the search can be found at wmich.edu/vpmarketing.
The search committee will work with Florida-based executive search firm Greenwood/Asher & Associates. The search advisory committee members are:
- Chair Dr. Edward Martini, associate dean of extended university programs
- Dr. JoAnn Atkin, associate professor of marketing
- Kathy Beauregard, director of intercollegiate athletics
- Diana Berkshire-Hearit, manager of marketing for the Office of the Vice President for Research
- DeRondal Bevly, member of the WMU Alumni Board and founder and managing director of Ruby Rose Strategies, a Chicago-based boutique communication firm
- Sue Ellen Christian, professor of communication
- Dr. Terrence Curran, associate provost for enrollment management
- Dr. Satish Deshpande, dean of the Haworth College of Business
- Dr. Regina Garza-Mitchell, associate professor of educational leadership
- Christopher Hunt, director of marketing communication
- Jason Long, manager of marketing for development and alumni relations
- Edd Snyder, member of the WMU Foundation Board and executive director of corporate communication for General Motors
- Shelbi Tierney, manager of recruitment and outreach in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Joe VanDerBos, senior marketing specialist for Sindecuse Health Center.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.