| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Sign-up is underway for Western Michigan University students planning to return to the residence halls for the 2018-19 academic year.
Residence Life has a variety of halls to choose from, each with different room features, living options or learning communities. In addition to the social and academic benefits of living on campus, students who choose to live in residence halls can take advantage of hall activities, leadership opportunities, 24-hour staffing, a variety of on-campus dining choices and more.
- The VIP Bronco program through Residence Life offers free intramurals and fitness classes to students living in the residence halls.
- The GPA Incentive is for students living in a single room next fall. Students with a cumulative grad-point average of 3.0 or higher at the end of spring semester automatically get their single room at the lower double room rate. Students must have sophomore status or higher at the start of fall 2018 to be eligible for the GPA Incentive.
- Single rooms provide returning students with campus convenience and more space. Most halls have single rooms, but there are returner-exclusive single floors in Ackley, Britton, Harvey and Zimmerman Halls.
New for fall
Two new Living Learning Communities will launch this fall. The Global and Languages Community will be in Hadley Hall, providing an opportunity for international and domestic students to live and learn together. The Human Performance House will be in Eicher Hall and is an ideal place for students majoring in athletic training, exercise science, sports management and recreation management.
Britton/Hadley Hall will be open during the December holiday recess for residence hall students who need to stay between semesters. Some space will be reserved for students who live in other halls to move into the hall over during the break, but Residence Life recommends those who know they need to stay to consider living in Britton/Hadely. There is an additional cost to stay over the holiday recess.
To secure a space, complete the online housing and dining contract on the following dates:
- Same room registration sign-up begins at 10 a.m. Jan. 22-26.
- New room in the same hall sign-up begins at 10 a.m. Jan. 29-Feb. 2.
- Any hall sign-up begins at 10 a.m. Feb. 5.
- Western View sign-up begins at 1 p.m. Feb. 5.
- Goldsworth Valley Apartment, Stadium Drive Apartment and Spindler Hall sign-up begins at 10 a.m. March 26.
WMU students may enter the online sign-up system via the "Residence Life Housing" link under the GoWMU My Self Service section to take advantage of the many campus living benefits.
For additional details, contact the Residence Life office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-4735.
Learn more about WMU Residence Life at wmich.edu/housing.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.