| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The Student Recreation Center will hold its New Year, New You event for Western Michigan University students and employees Wednesday, Jan. 10. The daylong event showcases a sampling of the SRC's numerous classes and activities that can help members of the campus community get on a healthy track.
During the event, the recreation center will be open from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Students and employees can—at no cost—show up with their Bronco Card and workout clothes and check out what the facility has to offer.
An employee open house has been slated for 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the SRC's second-floor main lobby. In addition, the campus community may participate in various fitness classes throughout the day and attend a neon glow party from 6 to 10:30 p.m.
- Tour the recreation center.
- Get a wellness assessment from Holtyn & Associates.
- Get information about SRC memberships, fitness programs and intramural sports.
- Sign up for drawings.
Some classes are repeated with different instructors.
- Yoga, noon
- Tighten & Tone, 6:15 p.m.
- F45 classes, 6:30 and 8:45 p.m.
- CycleFit, 7 p.m.
- Butts & Guts, 7:15 p.m.
- F45 demos and introduction, 7:30 p.m.
- Zumba Latin Night, 8:15 p.m.
- Glow Flow Yoga, 9:30 p.m.
The neon glow party begins at 6 p.m. with a club sport and vendor open house, photo booth, glow sticks and face painting. It ends with final giveaway drawings starting at 10:30 p.m. During the rest of the party, the following activities will be held with many chances to win prizes:
- Minute-to-win-it contests for pull ups/chin ups, 6:45 p.m.; squats, 7:15 p.m; bench presses, 7:45 p.m.; push-ups, 8:15 p.m; and jumping rope, 8:45 p.m.
- An open climbing wall, 7 p.m.
- Personal training staff availability for fitness assessments, 7:30 p.m.
- A dunk and a three-point contest, 8 p.m.
- A dodgeball tournament, 8:30 p.m.
About the Student Recreation Center
The Student Recreation Center offers memberships to WMU students; faculty and staff members; and other affiliates, including retirees. The costs to use the facility vary. Benefits-eligible employees pay only the tax on their membership fee.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.