| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The Emeriti Council, which is open to all retired Western Michigan University faculty members, has announced its new officers for 2017-18.
The council's leadership consists of 12 people elected by and from the emeriti for two-year terms on a staggered basis.
- Dr. Peter Krawutschke, chair and Faculty Senate representative
- Dr. James Bosco, vice chair
- Donna Oas, secretary
- Dr. Don Nelson, treasurer and webmaster
- Dr. Gary Lawson, Program Committee chair
- Garrard Macleod and Darryl Salisbury, newsletter co-editors
- Phil Vander Weg, Nominating Committee chair
WMU Emeriti Council
The Emeriti Council sponsors three of WMU's Medallion Scholars and annually provides 25 $400 textbook scholarships for students.
In addition, it presents informative meetings for members and their spouses and significant others. These meetings take place on the second Wednesday of the month, from September through May, with a breakfast meeting held in August.
The next Wednesday meeting is a wine tasting and holiday gathering from 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Fetzer Center. Additional information will be posted at wmich.edu/emeriti/events as it becomes available.
More information about the organization is available at wmich.edu/emeriti.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.