| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—A total of 25 people will be inducted into the 25 Year Club during a gala honoring Western Michigan University's longtime employees.
The 36th annual 25 Year Club Gala, which includes dinner, begins at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, in the Bernhard Center. Reservations for the invitation-only event are due Friday, Nov. 10. Invitations were mailed to club members and inductees Oct. 16.
The event honors employees who have built their careers at WMU. Once the 2017 class of inductees is in place, the 25 Year Club will have 1,244 members. Of these, 451 are active employees and 793 are retirees.
All but two of this year's 25 inductees began their service to WMU in 1992. The two have prior service credit because they began working at WMU earlier than 1992, separated from the University and then returned in 1992.
- Dr. Karen R. Blaisure, professor of family and consumer sciences
- John A. Brown, network administrator, College of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Barbara J. Cockrell, associate dean of University Libraries
- Dr. David Loberg Code, professor of music
- Tony O. Dennis, director of recruitment and retention, Graduate College
- Kerry L. Eldred, administrative assistant II, building custodial and support services
- Dr. David J. Flanagan, professor of management
- Khanh Hoang, administrative assistant I, University Libraries
- Lori M. Kison, executive assistant, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Dr. Jil C. Larson, associate professor of English
- Cara L. Lieurance, announcer/producer, WMUK radio
- Dr. Debra K. Lindstrom, professor of occupational therapy
- Melinda Lockett, assistant director of academic advising, College of Health and Human Services
- Thomas A. Mills, academic advisor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Michael S. Nassaney, professor anthropology
- Shannon R. Penny, administrative assistant senior, occupational therapy
- Dr. Craig A. Peterson, professor of finance and commercial law
- Rebecca S. Popp, assistant cook, Valley Dining Center
- Mellissa L. Porter, coordinator of engagement, Office of Development and Alumni Relations
- Dr. Sam N. Ramrattan, professor of engineering design, manufacturing and management systems
- Kitty M. Scheffers, business manager, College of Health and Human Services
- Karen L. Severson, administrative assistant I, School of Music
- Dr. Zoann K. Snyder, associate professor of sociology
- Dr. Donna M. Talbot, chair of educational leadership, research and technology
- Dr. Allen T. Webb, professor of English
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.