KALAMAZOO—Eleven University staff members will be honored for receiving semiannual Make a Difference awards at a reception at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, in 157 Bernhard Center. The University community is invited to attend.
The winners were selected by a committee of peers from the participating employee groups of AFSCME, APA, MSEA, POA and PSSO. The recipients will each receive $300 (before taxes) and a commemorative certificate at the award reception.
Semiannual award recipients
- Joanne Beverage, English
- Don Beyer, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Deanna Bowling, Facilities Management-Landscape Services
- Bruce Carpenter, Chemistry
- Myla Edmond, College of Arts and Sciences
- Paul Hildenbrand, Haworth College of Business
- Steve Keto, Facilities Management-Landscape Services
- Nicole Millar, Student Activities and Leadership Programs
- Patrick Niemi, Theatre
- Dorilee Schieble, History
- Kevin Villadsen, Facilities Management-Maintenance Services
Make a Difference awards
The WMU Make a Difference awards program is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity. Up to fifteen staff members may be selected in each of two semiannual award periods; those winners are eligible for one of four Annual Awards, with a prize of $1200 (before taxes).