KALAMAZOO—Five Western Michigan University softball players were named to the National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-American Scholar Athlete Team, including three repeat honorees.
This past season marks the fourth consecutive season that WMU has boasted at least five members on the NFCA All-American Scholar-Athlete team.
- Elisha Handshoe, a senior exercise science major from Wawaka, Ind., with a 3.62 GPA
- Jenny Rohn, a junior elementary education major from Rochester Hills, Mich., with a 3.48 GPA
- Megan Stamm, a junior political science major from Grand Blanc, Mich., with a 3.83 GPA
All three are being honored for the second time in their respective careers.
- Colleen Lynch, a senior health education major from Paw Paw, Mich., with a 3.05 GPA
- Melissa Palmer, a sophomore biomedical science major from Troy, Mich., with a 3.98 GPA