| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—Twelve Western Michigan University staff members will be honored as outstanding employees during a reception at 2 p.m. Monday, April 15, in 157 Bernhard Center.
The University community is invited to attend the event, which recognizes the spring 2013 recipients of WMU's semiannual Make a Difference award. The recipients will each receive $300, before taxes, and a commemorative certificate.
Semiannual award recipients
- Alison Thor, University Libraries
- Amell McFletcher, Facilities Management-building custodial and support services
- Bryan Sutton, Facilities Management-maintenance services
- Christopher Voss, University Recreation
- Cris Obreiter, Department of Military Science
- Donna DeVries, Facilities Management-landscape services
- Faizan Haq, University Libraries
- Gracie Mae, Bernhard Center Dining Service
- Jeannine Hamilton, Registrar's Office
- Karen Lamons, Residence Life
- Marcy Peake, College of Education and Human Development
- Richard Santman, Facilities Management-maintenance services
Make a Difference awards
The Make a Difference award program is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity.
Up to 15 staff members may receive the award in each of two semiannual award periods every academic year. Semiannual award winners are eligible to receive one of the four annual Make a Difference awards that come with a before-tax prize of $1,200 and also are presented each academic year.
All award winners are selected by a committee of their peers from the participating employee groups of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees; Michigan State Employees Association; Police Officers Association; and Staff Compensation System, members of which are represented by the Administrative Professional Association and Professional Support Staff Organization.
For more information or for a year-round nomination form, visit wmich.edu/makeadifference.