| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—Workshops and discussions on funding and other resources for faculty research at Western Michigan University will be featured at the daylong Research and Dessert event from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, at the Fetzer Center.
Door prizes that support scholarship will be awarded at 4 p.m. Prizes include trips to funding agencies and sponsors as well as an iPad3. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing to receive a prize.
The event is an opportunity for faculty to learn about funding opportunities and strategies, connect with WMU colleagues and share ideas. Resource stations and mini-workshops on a variety of topics will offer opportunities to network, learn about others' scholarship and explore potential collaborations.
Resource stations and mini-workshops
- Internal funding opportunities and compliance tools
- Library resources for scholarship development, dissemination and digitization
- Technology transfer and commercialization resources
- Engaging undergraduate and graduate students in research
- Support from the Grants and Contracts office
- Research in international settings and working with WMU development
- Developing winning Faculty Research and Creative Activities Award and Support for Faculty Scholars Award proposals
- National Science Foundation Career Awards and STEM support
- Budgets and justifications
- Specially for chairs—Reviewing Proposal Approval Forms
- Funding agency proposal reviewers share insights
- Research tools such as online survey and statistical software
- Evaluation strategies
- Research contracts
- Post award tools for managing your project
- Seeking foundation funding
Research and Dessert is sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research. For more information, call (269) 387-8298 or visit wmich.edu/research.