Your brand in business
Your identity in the workplace—it is valuable and ever-evolving. Are you the go-to person for project management? The person who can collaborate with anyone? The lynchpin that holds your department together? The one who brings creative thinking to the table? A future senior manager? Whoever you are and whatever your professional identity, an MBA from Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business can help you cultivate your innate abilities, build new skills and develop the confidence to seek career advancement and define yourself as a leader.
Our Brand Promise
The WMU MBA program offers a high-quality education that will ignite your ability to think deeply and differently about business challenges and develop positive solutions. We offer a rigorous academic experience at a reasonable cost, with flexibility in terms of locations, online courses, shorter admission lead times and acceptance of GRE or GMAT. Our promise to you is that we will meet your personal investment in the MBA program with a personal investment of our own. Your faculty will know your goals and will coach you on achieving them through instruction, mentorship, recommending learning opportunities and helping you develop not just your network but the personal brand you are able to bring to that network and the workplace.
How will an MBA help me?
- Cultivating innate skills.
- Developing new skills.
- Gaining a thorough background in all aspects of business.
- Expanding my professional network.
- Developing confidence and leadership potential.
Where does an MBA lead?
- Transition to a new area within my workplace.
- Preparation to start my own business.
- Increased responsibility in work settings.
- Recognition as a business leader within my organization.
- Promotions and increased compensation.
- A new positon at a new organization.
Words that define
Are you a smart, innovative professional who is focused and future-oriented?
Maybe it is time to take your next step.
MBA: The Gold Standard
- 31% of job postings for manager or director positions prefer or require a master's degree, and 44% of those jobs specifically list an MBA. (Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight. 2016)
- 54% of employers plan to increase starting salaries for new MBA hires this year. (Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight. 2016)
- Job postings requiring an MBA advertise 27% higher salary levels than jobs requiring only a bachelor's degree. (GMAC 2016 Corporate Recruiters Survey Report)
- 88% of corporate recruiters plan to hire recent MBA graduates this year. (GMAC 2016 Corporate Recruiters Survey Report)
Application: All students are required to meet specific criteria to be accepted into the program. Acceptance will be based on:
A determination will be made on whether you need to take prerequisite courses. Typically, this applies when your undergraduate degree is a non-business degree. Topics include:
- Corporate finance
- Basic economic analysis
- Legal, regulatory and political aspects of business
CORE COURSEWORK (nine CLASSES)
Students will take a total of 36 credits, with 27 credits from three general business areas.
Business Context Classes (nine credits)
- Global Business
- Law, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Information Technology Management
Functional Core Classes (15 credits)
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Customer-Driven Marketing Management
- Supply Chain and Process Management
- Leading People and Organizations
Integrative Business Solutions Class (three credits)
- Strategic Management
CONCENTRATION COURSEWORK (three CLASSES)
Students will select three elective courses (nine credits). These can be taken across disciplines to earn a general business MBA or from a single discipline to earn a concentration. The following concentrations are available:
- Computer Information Systems
- Health Care
- International Business
The MBA program at WMU uses a rolling admissions process for U.S. students. You can apply any time throughout the year. We can process applications as late as two weeks prior to any semester start, providing increased convenience and flexibility for you. International student admissions
When you are looking for the right place to pursue your MBA, value has a lot to do with your decision making. We offer an exceptional fiscal value when compared against other institutions. We value each student’s personal goals. We will help you to increase your value to your organization or company. And we will protect the value of your degree by maintaining the quality of our program.
The MBA program is offered at two convenient locations: