The Department of Marketing is housed in the Haworth College of Business and offers four majors: Advertising & Promotion, Food & Consumer Package Goods Marketing, Marketing and Sales and Business Marketing.
The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business. It is among a select two percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized accreditation for their accountancy programs.
• SBM students have excelled at the National Collegiate Sales Competition where over 40 universities and 80 students from the U.S., Canada and Mexico participate. WMU students have consistently finished in the top 10 at this event.
• Advertising and Promotion majors have frequently won top honors in the National Student Advertising Competition.
• A team of students developed a creative strategy that captured national 1st place honors at the PPCEF National Collegiate Competition sponsored by the Promotional Products Association International.
• Marketing Association members compete at the American Marketing Association National Marketing Competition. Students have twice placed second overall out of 100 competing universities.
• Food & CPG marketing students have placement rates approaching 100 percent.