Western Michigan University's management major prepares graduates to become effective and ethical managers by focusing on five core competencies:
- Problem solving and decision making
- Leading people, teams and groups
- Quality management and process improvement
Check out additional resources about the management major from the career center.
Explore the program requirements for the management major.
What can I expect from a management career?
Managers engage in numerous activities and provide one of the most critical functions to organizational success—decision making.
- Professional activities: planning, directing, coordinating, project management
- Possible professional positions:
- Management trainee
- Sales representative
- Branch manager
- Facility planning
- Hotel or restaurant manager
- Research analyst
- Store manager
- Purchasing manager
- Insurance underwriter