Think Critically and Synthesize
Level 1- Emerging
Students will begin to synthesize and interpret information in order to effectively communicate knowledge and solve problems.
- Appropriately interpret, synthesize, and communicate information to integrate new ideas in a format and context appropriate to an intended audience.
- Use information in context to analyze questions, solve problems, and make decisions.
Level 2- Developing
Students will synthesize information from different perspectives and experiences. Students will engage in conversations as both information creators and consumers to negotiate meaning, in both traditional and emerging publishing environments.
- Effectively communicate information in unpredictable and evolving publishing environments (e.g. social media, open access, open data).
- Articulate how different cultural perspectives and experiences influence both the creation and consumption of information.
- Collaborate and participate in scholarly, professional, or creative communities (i.e. associations, teams, networks, and communities of practice) to utilize and contribute to the knowledge of collective groups.