- Find Library Resources by Discipline
- Find Subject Librarians to WMU Departments and Colleges
- Locate Journals owned by WMU
- Find materials in libraries around the world using WorldCat
- Find materials purchased by the international consortium Center for Research Libraries Catalog
- Retain your author/creator copyrights
- Locate Dissertations and Theses – index from 1860, full text from at least 1997
- Deposit your work into ScholarWorks at WMU
- Analyze journals in your field and measure your research impact
- Read the Chronicle of Higher Education
- Request a research carrel
- Place books, articles and instructional videos on reserve for students in Course Reserves
- Learn about alternatives to textbooks for your courses
- Reserve an Instructional Video
- Create Persistent Links to Resources
- Schedule Research Instruction
- Assign the ResearchPath Tutorial
- Check Copyright and Legal Information Use
- Book Delivery
- Borrowing Books and Other Materials
- Course Reserves
- Digitization Services
- Document Delivery
- Interlibrary Loan and MeLCat
- Mapping Services
- Off Campus Library Services – if teaching in a regional location
- Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program – See list of participating institutions - request a card at the User Services desk, Waldo Library
- Recommend New Books, Journals and Databases
- Renew Books Online
All items can be returned to one of the following locations:
- Waldo Library - Three convenient locations: 1. Book return drop slot near outside doors of library front entrance. 2. Outside book return drop slot, at curb side, on Arcadia Street side of building. 3. Inside building at first floor atrium.
- College of Health and Human Services Campus - Drop box on first floor of Health and Human Services Building, near the Learning Resource Center. Pick up Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.
- Engineering Campus (Parkview) - Drop box on first floor of Floyd Hall, near front entrance and Lecture Hall D-115. Pick up Monday through Friday 9:15 a.m.
- Haworth College of Business - Drop box on first floor of Schneider Hall, by entrance closest to the Fetzer Center. Pick up Monday through Friday 10 a.m.
- Maybee Music and Dance Library - in Dalton Center, third floor.
- Swain Education Library - Book return drop slot inside the Education Library (Sangren Hall, second level), to the left of the check out desk.
Library materials must be returned complete with all parts, discs, booklets, and other accompanying material. You will be charged full replacement costs for items returned without all accompanying material.
Carrels are available in Waldo Library to full time faculty and graduate students on a first come, first served basis. They located on the third floor in the quiet area and are provided for active research projects requiring extensive use of library materials. To request a carrel, read the complete guidelines and fill out and return the application form.