Just as interprofessional teams are now the norm in health care, interprofessional education is becoming the norm in health care and human services education. The College of Health and Human Services at WMU is pleased to be on the leading edge of this movement.
With seven disciplines housed in the college, there is ample opportunity for students to collaborate in classrooms, labs and simulations. That was part of the vision that brought these departments and schools together under one roof in 2005.
Interprofessional Education Activities
- CHHS Interprofessional Education Activities
- CHHS/WMed Interprofessional Education Activities
CHHS Interprofessional EXPO
Every year, the college hosts its Interprofessional Education Expo (IPE Expo). The expo is an opportunity to highlight interprofessional collaboration and teamwork at CHHS. It will offer participants an opportunity to learn with, from, and about other health care professions. Activities include grand rounds and student research posters. This will be an enjoyable and informative day for any and all CHHS students who attend.
- 2018: Dementia in Aging
- 2017: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- 2016: Child trauma
- Documentation about IPEC's Four Competencies
1. Values/ethics for Interprofessional Practice
3. Interprofessional Communication
4. Teams and Teamwork
- CHHS IPE Activity Template
- IPE Instruments - suggested assessment tools, vetted through IPE organizations and the CHHS committee