In order to provide added security Western Michigan University is now offering two factor authentication. Two factor authentication provides an extra layer of security by requiring something you know (your password) along with something that you have (your mobile device) to access an online application or service. Initially this service is being offered as an option on WMU's VPN.
Note: If you plan to use two factor authentication on the VPN mobile app, we recommend the setup first be done on a computer.
- Login to internal.vpn.wmich.edu/2fa (internal/on-campus) or vpn.wmich.edu/2fa (remote/off-campus) and you will be prompted to enroll a device for two factor authentication.
- Click Start setup to begin enrolling your device.
- Choose Your Authentication Device Type. We recommend using a smartphone for the best experience. Click Continue.
- Select your country from the drop-down list and type your phone number. Use the number of your smartphone, landline, or cell phone that you would like to use for two factor authentication. You can enter an extension if you chose "Landline" in the previous step. If you're enrolling a tablet you aren't prompted to enter a phone number. Click Continue.
- Choose your device's operating system and click Continue.
- Install Duo Mobile. Duo Mobile is an app that runs on your smartphone and helps you authenticate quickly and easily. Without it you'll still be able to log in using a phone call or text message, but for the best experience we recommend that you use Duo Mobile. Click I have Duo Mobile Installed.
- Activate Duo Mobile. On iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone activate Duo Mobile by scanning the barcode with the app's built-in barcode scanner. The Continue button is clickable after you scan the barcode successfully.
- Configure Device Options (optional): If this is the device you'll use most often with two factor authentication then we recommend you enable automatic push requests by clicking the When I log in: drop -down and changing the setting to Automatically send this device a Duo Push or Automatically call this device and click Save. With one of the automatic options enabled an authentication request is automatically sent via push notification to the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone or a phone call* to your device (depending on your selection).
- Click Continue to login and proceed to the Duo Prompt. Your device is ready to approve two factor authentication requests. Click Send me a Push to give it a try. All you need to do is tap Approve on the Duo login request received at your phone.
*The phone call option may be subject to a per call phone charge. If you are using a WMU-owned phone, your department will be charged for each call.