Bronco Advocacy Newsletter
Catch up on the latest news from Government Affairs in the Bronco Advocacy Network newsletter.
WMU to host 4th campus sexual assault summit
Michigan's First lady Sue Snyder announced that Michigan's fourth "Inform. Empower. Prevent. Let's End Campus Sexual Assault" summit will be held Monday, Sept. 24, at WMU.
"I'm proud of the leadership role Michigan has taken to address the prevalence of sexual assault on our college and university campuses. These statewide summits are an important part of our work to raise awareness and prevention efforts to ultimately change the culture and put an end to campus sexual assault," Snyder said in making the announcement.
Bronco Gubernatorial appointments
Congratulations to the following Broncos selected for gubernatorial appointments
- Charles Tackett, of Kalamazoo, Fire Fighters Training Council.
- Brian Gard, of Rockford, School Safety Task Force.
- Julie Silver, of Royal Oak, Michigan Board of Acupuncture.
- Robert Scolnik, of Norton Shores, Commission on Community Action and Economic Opportunity.
- Brian Eggers, of Linwood, Underground Storage Tank Authority Board.
The governor's office is always seeking qualified candidates to serve on boards and commissions. Learn how to apply via the governor's Appointments website.
BRONCOS IN THE LEGISLATURE
WMU is proud to have seven Broncos currently serving in the Michigan Legislature:
- Rep. Julie Alexander (R-Hanover)
- Rep. Tom Barrett (R-Potterville)
- Rep. Kim LaSata (R-St. Joseph)
- Rep. Dave Maturen (R-Brady Township)
- Rep. Mike McCready (R-Birmingham)
- Rep. Aaron Miller (R-Sherman Township)
- Rep. Kristy Pagan (D-Canton Township)