Register now for Spring Orientation 2018 to be held on Friday, December 15, 2017.
ALL NEW FIRST-TIME BEGINNER STUDENTS are required to attend Spring Orientation.
ALL TRANSFER STUDENTS are encouraged to attend.
To succeed in college you need to be familiar with and understand how to use the resources available outside of the classroom. Spring Orientation is a half-day orientation for new first-year, second bachelor and transfer students starting the spring semester of 2018. The program is designed to assist you in your transition to WMU. You will have the opportunity to get your WMU Student ID, attend presentations from residence life, financial aid, student activities and leadership programs, career and student employment services and more!
Online Orientation Modules
Get a jump start on your introduction to WMU by taking advantage of our online orientation modules. These modules are mandatory for all new incoming students starting in January 2018. Modules must be completed by February 2, 2018.
Check out the online resource “Transition Orientation Modules.” This tool is a series of eight online modules that cover important topics like University structure, WMU ID, academic advising, parking, financial aid, writing center, computer center, recreation, graduate programs, the Kalamazoo community and more. You can log into the modules at any time day or night and as often as you like. To get started:
- Log into GoWMU.
- Click on the Elearning button at the top of the page.
- Click on Transfer and Graduate Student Orientation Modules to get started.
ALL NEW FIRST-TIME BEGINNER STUDENTS: You will register for your courses and meet with an academic advisor upon completion of the formal program beginning at 1:30 in the afternoon on Friday, December 15, 2107.
ALL TRANSFER STUDENTS: Prior to attending Spring Orientation, it is important that you make contact with your academic advisor to arrange a meeting to select courses and register for classes. Priority registration is based on the number of hours completed, so please see your academic advisor early on. College academic advisors will be available from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the afternoon of December 15, 2107 should you need to follow up on any information. All transfer students MUST meet with an academic advisor prior to course registration.
ADVISING CONTACT INFORMATION:
- College of Arts and Sciences—2318 Friedmann Hall (269) 387-4366
- College of Aviation—2210 Kohrman Hall (269) 387-0347
- College of Education and Human Development—2421 Sangren Hall (269) 387-3474
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences—E102 FLoyd Hall (269) 276-3270
- College of Fine Arts
- Art—2104 Richmond Center for Visual Arts (269) 387-2440
- Music—2132 Dalton Center (269) 387-4672
- Theatre and Dance—1103 Gilmore Theatre Complex (269) 387-3210
- College of Health and Human Services—2125 Health and Human Service Bldg. (269) 387-2656
- Extended University Programs—3221 Ellsworth Hall (269) 387-4156
- Exploratory Advising—1275 Ellsworth Hall (269) 387-4410
- Haworth College of Business—2130 Schneider Hall (269) 387-5075
- Lee Honors College—(269) 387-3230
Learn more about Spring Orientation
After you submit your registration form, you will receive an immediate confirmation notice regarding your registration, which will be sent to your WMU email account and includes a parking pass to use for the day.
Spring Orientation is for admitted new first-year (beginner), second bachelor and transfer students who will be attending WMU for the spring semester. If you have not been admitted to WMU, please contact the Office of Admissions.
- Registration instructions
- The cost to attend Spring Orientation is covered through the $50 transition fee assessed to all new beginner and transfer students starting in the spring semester. Students may invite up to two additional guests to attend orientation.
- Program agenda
- Session descriptions
- Get directions
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: Click here for the Admitted Student Checklist which is designed to help you finalize your college plans.
- FIRST-YEAR BEGINNER STUDENTS: Click here for the Admitted Student Checklist which is designed to help you finalize your college plans.
- Check-in will take place from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on the second floor of the Bernhard Center. Representatives from Admissions, Military and Veterans Affairs, Sindecuse Health Center, Office of Sustainability, Office of Family Engagement and Study Abroad will be available.
parents, FAMILY MEMBERS and guests of new first-time beginner students
If you are a parent, family member or guest of a first-time beginner student, you will be asked to attend a program from the Office of Family Engagement while your student registers for spring courses. This program is geared just for you and will provide you with some good information on you can best support your student as they make the transition to WMU. This program will take place starting at 1:45 p.m. on Friday, December 15.
REGISTRATION OF COURSES is an essential process for your new student; therefore, we ask that you please refrain from attending the advising process.