What about the money?


After applying for financial aid, many students want to know: Where's my money? The all-important answer depends a lot on YOU. Financial aid is scheduled to pay toward your account approximately 10 days before the semester begins. Your aid will be disbursed only if you have completed all of your requirements.

Not sure where you stand? Check GoWMU and click on Financial Aid. There you will see a link for Requirements. This will tell you if you have additional documents to turn in, or whether you have to complete a promissory note or loan entrance counseling.

Keep track of your financial aid status using our handy checklist . If you still have questions, call the help line at Bronco Express, (269) 387-6000.

Undergrad loans

You may defer payments on your undergraduate federal student loans as long as you are enrolled at least half-time. Keep your lender informed of your enrollment plans.


An overpayment or excess financial aid paid to your account will be refunded to you. This refund may come in the form of a check payable to you.

Refunds can either be directly deposited to your personal account or they may be mailed to you. If you have elected to have direct deposit, the refund will be deposited into your checking or savings account. After you are signed up for direct deposit, please allow three to five business days for a refund to be deposited into your personal account. If you do not have direct deposit, the refund will be mailed to your local address unless you have designated a billing address.

Personal payment options

Tuition, fees, residence hall charges, university apartment rent, health center charges, library fines and other university-related charges can be paid by cash, check, credit card or electronic check through a variety of payment options: Internet, in-person, mail with-or without a coupon, and drop boxes. There is complete information about the University's payment plan on the Accounts Receivable website. Bronco Express, on the main floor of the Bernhard Center, handles all payments except parking violations. Parking violation payments can be made at parking services.


For information about your University bill and payments, please contact acounts receivable, (269) 387-4251. You can see your current account information any time using GoWMU.


Visit related WMU sites

There is a lot more to see! Visit some of our friends at WMU to learn about academics, campus life and how you can be successful.

Student Financial Aid
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5337 USA
269 387-6000