Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5237 USA
- Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Evaluation, Western Michigan University, 2009
- M.A., Sociology, Loyola University, 1993
- B.A., Sociology and Anthropology, Truman State University, 1990
- Kirkpatrick Four Levels Evaluation, 2012
Lori Wingate is the Director of Research at The Evaluation Center at Western Michigan University. She has a Ph.D. in evaluation and more than 20 years of experience in the field of program evaluation. She directs EvaluATE, the National Science Foundation-funded Advanced Technological Education Evaluation Support Center, and has led a variety of evaluation projects at WMU focused on STEM education, public health, and higher education initiatives. Since 2011, she has provided technical consultation as a subject matter expert in evaluation to the Center for Global Health at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Dr. Wingate has led numerous webinars and workshops on evaluation in a variety of contexts, including CDC University and the American Evaluation Association Summer Evaluation Institute. She is an associate member of the graduate faculty at WMU.
Smith, C., & Wingate, L. A. (2016). Strategies for broadening participation in advanced technological education programs: Practice and perceptions. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 40(9), 779-796.
Wingate, L. A. (2016). Checklists for quality improvement and evaluation in behavioral health. In O'Donohue, W. & Maragakis, A. (Eds.), Quality improvement and behavioral health. New York: Springer.
- Kapp, K., and Wingate, L. (2012). "Designing, Marketing and Delivering an Effective Webinar: Guidelines Based on Research and Practice." Journal of Applied Learning Technology, 2(3).
- Wingate, L.A. (2010). "Metaevaluation: Purpose, Prescription and Practice." In E. Bader, P. Peterson, and B. McGraw (Eds.) International Encyclopedia of Education(3rd ed.). San Diego: Elsevier.
- Wingate, L. A. (2016, June). Checklists for improving evaluation practice. Keynote presentation at the annual American Evaluation Association Summer Evaluation Institute, Atlanta, GA.
- Wingate, L. A. (2016, April). Trailblazing your individual path toward excellence in evaluation. Keynote presentation at the annual meeting of the Michigan Association for Evaluation, Lansing, MI.
- Meeting Requirements, Exceeding Expectations: Understanding the Role of Evaluation in Federal Grants. May 2016.
- Small Project Evaluation: Principles and Practices. March 2016.
- 2 for 1: The Retrospective Pretest Method for Evaluating Training. December 2015
- Evaluation: Don’t Submit Your ATE Proposal Without It. August 2015
- Checklists for improving evaluation practice. June 2015