October 9, 2018
A Sociological History of Baseball
- 2 p.m., Heinig Emeriti Lounge, West Walwood Hall
- Speaker: Ronald Kramer, Professor, Sociology
Kramer’s presentation offers a broad overview of a sociological history of baseball in the United States. Included are the social origins of the game, class and economic factors, racial segregation and integration, gender issues, law, deviance and social control, and the relationship between baseball and popular culture.
November 14, 2018
Consequences of Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region
- 2 p.m., Heinig Emeriti Lounge, West Walwood Hall, 601 Oakland Drive
- Speaker: David Karowe, Professor, Biological Sciences, Western Michigan University
It is predicted that if current trends continue, Michigan's climate may eventually become more like that of Kentucky. Professor Karowe will talk about the possible consequences of ongoing climate changes for the Great Lakes region.
December 12, 2018
Wine Tasting and Holiday Gathering
- 5 to 7 p.m., Fetzer Center